W Network is proud to partner with Women’s Health Collective Canada.
Did you know…
- It takes 17 years for clinical research to filter down to medical practice, but women have only been mandated to be included in trials since 1993.
- Up to 75% of adverse drug reactions occur in women
- Less than 20% of Canadians would know that heart disease kills more women than men each year
- It takes an average of 7.5 years to diagnose endometriosis from the onset of symptoms
Despite decades of progress in science, our picture of health is incomplete – leaving women’s health misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Imagine if the healthcare knowledge provided to us was information we could trust. Information with integrity because the data is equitable and inclusive.
Women’s Health Collective Canada (WHCC) is a national alliance founded by three of Canada’s leading women’s health foundations – BC Women’s Health Foundation, Alberta Women’s Health Foundation, and Women’s College Hospital Foundation – to help women’s healthcare catch up.
WHCC is united in:
- Funding medical research that addresses the unique needs of women
- Building awareness of how healthy women create a healthier Canada
- Broadening the scope and reach of world-class women’s health programs
- Ultimately creating higher standards of care for every woman across the country
Visit whcc.ca to join the movement and learn how you can make a difference in the lives of all Canadian women.