Tips on organizing your personal finances, courtesy of Maxed Out
- Get educated on money – learn how to manage it and what it can do for you!
- Come up with a goal
- Write your goal down
- Research your goal: Find out what you need to get there
- Formulate a savings plan and set a realistic time limit for achieving the goal
- Open up a second account with the sole purpose to save for the goal
- Create visual reminders for yourself. If you are saving to buy a house, take a picture of it and put it on your fridge.
- Be patient: If you stick to your plan it will happen and your hard work will be worthwhile in the end!
A goal is just a dream until you write it down. By writing it down you to commit it; it becomes real and something you can work towards.