10 Great Gift Ideas from the Smart Cookies.
1. Buy an oversized mug, fill with flavored coffee packets, exotic teas, hot chocolate and small packets of cookies for a tasty gift for a co-worker.
2. Even if baking is not your thing, you can still whip up a batch of holiday cookies perfect for a tasty gift. Buy a variety of pre-made cookie dough and decorate with coloured sugar before popping into the oven. For a festive touch, present them on a holiday dish. Attach a bow and it will look as if you slaved for hours!
3. Make a photo album of pictures from previous holiday celebrations and give to a relative.
4. Layer a clear jar with all of the necessary dry ingredients for a batch of cookies. Attach your favourite recipe to the jar with a ribbon.
5. If everyone loves your cooking, put together a booklet of your favorite recipes printed on decorative paper. You can have it spiral bound at your local printer or you can put it into a small notebook or use a hole punch and tie with ribbons to give to friends and family.
6. Put together a coupon book of services you'll provide upon request from the recipient, including: babysitting, snow shoveling, cooking, car washing, lawn mowing; you get the idea!
7. Comb flea markets, thrift shops, garage sales and dollar stores for decorative bottles with stoppers. Fill with a quality vinegar and a combination of your favorite herbs and spices. Let sit for a couple of weeks to marinate. Attach a tag and your friends will enjoy a tasty treat for dips or on salads.
8. Using a tape recorder or video camera, make an oral/video history of your family by interviewing older relatives about their remembrances.
9. Gather up dried wood for kindling, set in a decorative basket and give to friends who own a fireplace.
10. Cut scrap wood into small pieces, sand until smooth and gather in a bag or basket for a child to use as building blocks. You can paint or stain them for extra effect. Tips courtesy of www.partyplanplus.com & the Smart Cookies.