- 6 large sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4.25 oz) chopped ripe olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes, corn, onion and beans.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, olives, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Combine pasta sauce and water; pour half into an oval 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add the stuffed peppers.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3.5 to 4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
A lively and entertaining half hour series that follows five strangers as they take turns creating the perfect dinner party for their fellow amateur chefs. Each dinner party host is given one night to impress their party attendees and competitors with scrumptious food, sparkling décor and stimulating conversation. At the end of the night, each diner rates the party. The very next night, it’s another mouth-watering meal at another host’s home, once again, the dinner-party marathoners rate the night. At the end of the week, the top rated host or hostess wins the reward of $1000 and bragging rights as the ‘host with the most’.
Come Dine With Me Canada