Meat & Seafood Paella
11/2 cups Spanish short grain paella rice
4 cups hot chicken broth
12 large prawns, squid rings, baby scallops
3 chicken thighs cut into pieces
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
white wine (to de-glaze the pan)
1 small red onion diced
3-4 garlic cloves
1 red pepper chopped
1 tablespoon saffron
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Brown the chicken. Set aside.
- Heat up pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil, add in a handful of diced panchetta
- Add red pepper, add diced red onion, mix and lower heat to medium.
- Add paprika, splash of white wine, garlic, red chili flakes, diced tomatoes add rice and stir.
- Add in the rest of the wine, turn up heat and let simmer down
- Add chorizo and saffron and stir add in hot chicken stock—should cover the rice.
- Let cook for 10 minutes (Stir and turn pan so cooks all around)
- add browned chicken thighs
- add the shrimp & squid
- add baby scallops
- add frozen peas and cook for another 10 minute
- garnish with parsley
Pan Con Tomate
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ciabatta bread
- Cut ciabatta bread into diagonal slices
- Brush olive oil and in oven for 8 to 10 minutes
- Rub garlic clove on each slice
- Rub soft tomato on each slice
- Drizzle olive oil on top
- Add sea salt
A lively and entertaining half hour series that follows five strangers as they take turns creating the perfect dinner party for their fellow amateur chefs. Each dinner party host is given one night to impress their party attendees and competitors with scrumptious food, sparkling décor and stimulating conversation. At the end of the night, each diner rates the party. The very next night, it’s another mouth-watering meal at another host’s home, once again, the dinner-party marathoners rate the night. At the end of the week, the top rated host or hostess wins the reward of $1000 and bragging rights as the ‘host with the most’.
Come Dine With Me Canada