Vanilla Panna Cotta & Pear Torta
Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons agar agar flakes/powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a small saucepan, cook all the ingredients over medium high heat; stir occasionally until agar agar has dissolved.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour into molds and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove from molds and serve.
- 2 pears
- 20 mL butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large white eggs
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
In a saucepan, stew pears in butter with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar until caramelized.
- Place in a buttered cake pan.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar until pale and creamy; add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold into mixture. Add milk and mix to combine.
- Spoon batter over fruit mixture and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Flip onto a plate and cut into individual mini cakes with a round cookie cutter.
A lively and entertaining half hour series that follows five strangers as they take turns creating the perfect dinner party for their fellow amateur chefs. Each dinner party host is given one night to impress their party attendees and competitors with scrumptious food, sparkling décor and stimulating conversation. At the end of the night, each diner rates the party. The very next night, it’s another mouth-watering meal at another host’s home, once again, the dinner-party marathoners rate the night. At the end of the week, the top rated host or hostess wins the reward of $1000 and bragging rights as the ‘host with the most’.
Come Dine With Me Canada