Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
- 8 oz of fresh gourmet raisin cranberry loaves (approximately 5 cups) cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of 10% cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 15 oz can of pumpkin or banana puree
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla (not extract)
- Butter an 11x7 inch baking dish, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl pour the cream over the bread pieces and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, whisk vigorously and then pour this mixture on tip of the bread mixture as well. Let stand for 15 minutes and then pour bread mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (should feel somewhat firm in the middle of the pudding).
- Slice pudding, drizzle caramel sauce over bread pudding and serve with fresh berries.
A lively and entertaining half hour series that follows five strangers as they take turns creating the perfect dinner party for their fellow amateur chefs. Each dinner party host is given one night to impress their party attendees and competitors with scrumptious food, sparkling décor and stimulating conversation. At the end of the night, each diner rates the party. The very next night, it’s another mouth-watering meal at another host’s home, once again, the dinner-party marathoners rate the night. At the end of the week, the top rated host or hostess wins the reward of $1000 and bragging rights as the ‘host with the most’.
Come Dine With Me Canada