- Buying a bra can be very frustrating. Most women don't actually know what size they need, and even if they do, sizes vary from bra to bra and different styles can be suitable for different shapes of breasts.
- When you get a bra fitting, the fitter will know exactly how the bras fit in her store. She will make sure that she brings you a size and style that is right for you.
- Eighty per cent of women wear the wrong size and many don't even know it.
- There is no need to be uncomfortable wearing a bra. If you shop at a store that has a large selection of styles and sizes, they can find you a bra that will be comfortable for you.
- Beig fit for a bra raises the likelihood that the bra you choose will fit you properly. Make sure you go to a store with a wide variety of sizes and styles (even if you believe that you are an easy fit) because if the store doesn't have your size you may still walk out of the store with something that doesn't fit perfectly.
Reasons to wear the right size
- You will be more comfortable in a properly fit bra.
- The wire won't dig in.
- The back won't ride up.
- Your straps will stay put.
- If your bra fits properly you can put it on at the beginning of the day and it should be comfortable until the end of the day.
- There are so many ways a properly fit bra can make you look better in your clothes.
- Your breasts won't balloon.
- You will be properly supported and lifted.
- The back of your bra won't ride up.
- An uplifting bra may also make you look slimmer by pulling the breast up and away from your waist.
- An incorrectly fit bra may be detrimental to your health for a number of reasons:
- A wired bra that is incorrectly fit may dig into the breasts and cause discomfort.
- A properly fit bra will take most of the weight away from the back that you may feel from your breasts.
- Not having enough support from your bra could lead to tearing your Coopers ligaments.
- Sometimes if a bra isn't fit properly, there could be other health problems such as bacteria forming under the breasts.
Written by: Shana Tilbrook of Tryst Lingerie
465 Eglinton Ave West, Toronto